What is Bhumi Amla
Botanical Name: Phyllanthus niruri
Bhumi Amla is an Ayurvedic medicine. Its fruits look exactly like amla and it is a very small plant, so it is called Bhui Amla or Bhumi Amla. It grows on its own in the rainy season and is found throughout the year in shady humid places. It is uprooted and used to dry in the shade. Bhumi amla is miraculously useful in liver inflammation, cirrhosis, fatty liver, bilirubin increases, jaundice, hepatitis B and C, kidney creatinine increases, diabetes etc. This plant is very useful for liver. The entire part, including the root, can be used. Its properties are known by this that many illusionists chew leaves of bhumi amla and chew even iron blades.
Properties of Bhumi Amla
Benefits of Bhumi Amla
1. Beneficial in liver inflammation, bilirubin and jaundice.
It is the most authentic medicine of liver. If the liver has increased or is swollen, this plant will cure it completely. It helps to clear other problems like increased bilirubin level, jaundice. If Bhumi amla is taken for few months in a year, there will be no problem of liver for the whole year. In jaundice, Bhumi Amla with buttermilk cures jaundice very quickly.
2. Effective for Kidney Infections
It is very beneficial in kidney infection and kidney failure. It corrects the kidney system. It is diuretic due to which excess of urine is formed which cleanses the body. With that bhumi amla helps in detoxification & thus supports to kidney function.
3. Kidney And Gall Bladder Stones
Bhumi amla dissolves all types of stones from kidney and gall bladder therefore known as ‘stone crusher’.
4. Hepatitis B and C
Due to its antiviral properties, it is a panacea for Hepatitis B and C as both are viral infection caused by HBV & HCV virus respectively. With that it helps to treat other viral infections like cough & cold, etc.
5. Liver Cirrhosis
Bhumi Amla is very beneficial in Liver Cirrhosis in which the liver is contracted & in Fatty LIVER, which causes swelling in the liver.
6. Gonorrhea and Syphilis
With anti –viral property Bhumi Amla is ant-bacterial in nature and thus helps in treatment of sexually transmitted bacterial infections like Gonorrhea and Syphilis. It can also helps in other bacterial infections, including prostatitis, venereal diseases, urinary tract diseases, and cystitis.
7. Mouth ulcers & sore Throat
Mouth blisters & sore throat problems will be cured by use of Bhumi amla due to its anti-microbial property.
It has an amazing ability to remove the toxic elements from the body and thus helps in renal infections, skin disease, blood purification, etc.
9. Stomach ach
If you have stomach pain and do not understand the reason, then use of bhumi amla daily will help to treat it. Bhumi amla controls the secretion of gastric juice & thus protects the stomach linings from damage. Its antibacterial property helps in wound healing and thus effective in gastric ulcers. It also improves the digestive system. It balances the vata,pitta cough so beneficial in hyper acidity,vommeting,etc.
10. Bhumi Amla For Women Health
It helps in treatment of women issues like Leukorrhea & Menorragia. Good for irregular menstrual cycle.
11. Anti –Oxidant
Anti-oxidant property of Bhumi amla helps to irradiate free radicals and thus helps in prevention from cancer also.
- Rubbing the juice of its leaves provides relief in itching.
- It is used for urinary and genital disorders.
- Bhumi amla can be used for spleen and liver disorders.
- It is also used in acidosis, ulcers, indigestion, and diarrhoea.
- It is beneficial to children having worms in the stomach.
- Its leaves are cold in nature.
- The paste of its leaves is applied externally to inflamed internal wounds and broken bones.
- It can be used in case of anemia, asthma, bronchitis, cough, dysentery.
How to use
Ayurvedic expert explains that it can be eaten in three ways.
- Bhumi amla Tablets 1-2 capsule daily one time or as described by Aurved / Naturopath practitioner.
- Its powder with half a teaspoon of water 2-3 times a day.
- Fresh juice of the plant 10 to 20ML 2 to 3 times. As it is highly bitter in taste so it is convenient to take bhumi amla in tablet form.
Special Tips for liver and kidney patients
- The patient of liver and kidney should stop eating ghee, oil, chilli and all the pulses. Moong dal can be taken in small quantities. Rice should be used more in food. Green coconut water is very good.
Food for Liver patients
- Stop all kinds of pulses. Only moong dal can be taken without peel.
- Red chili, green chillies, mango powder, tamarind, garam masala and salt of the packet.
- Use sandha salt and black pepper in very small quantities.
- If you want to sour, use sour dried pomegranate. 5- Wash about 50 grams of raisins / grapes / dry grapes, dates and dry figs in water and feed them. Take the water (mand) that comes out while boiling rice. He is very good for health.
Pregnant or Lactating women are said to avoid use of Bhoomi Amla.